Wednesday, September 29, 2010

#24: Enjoying my Job

Today I had a student staying after school finishing a test. She is a very sweet and extremely mature girl. She has stayed after before and I have gotten to know her pretty well. Today, she was taking her test and I was getting things ready in the room for the next day. She asked me, "Ms. Hall, do you like your job?" This made me nervous because I thought maybe it seemed like I didn't. So I asked, "does it seem like I don't?" She said, "NO! Me, T.P, and H.R all talk about how you are just the cutest teacher because you seem like you really love it and we love how you get excited about everything. We also like how you have a system for everything that we wouldn't expect younger teachers to have."

It may seem like she was brown-nosing but I really think she was genuine and wanted to know why I like teaching so much. It was such a high compliment I am thankful for. Because with all the stress of being a teacher, with all the students, things to grade, meetings to go to, etc. you don't really know how you come across to your students on a consistent basis. I know I have my days and moments of losing patience but I am just very thankful for my job and for my student noticing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment