Thursday, October 21, 2010

#28: November is Coming

It is October. We have just finished a three week span of a "testing blitz." PSAT, PLAN, and HSAP. Not every student is affected but in some shape everyone in the school feels it because you either: give it, take it, have class in another room because of it, and have to remember which students are where/when. October also means students are tired and teachers are tired. It is very easy to be less patient. So, now more than ever, I truly need to think of some of the good.

1) At my induction meeting, they fed us. I did not have to make dinner.
2) My prob/stats students were THRILLED that I bought the "Peace Love and Statistics" t-shirt they told me about and that I wore it to school.
3) A fellow teacher (my wonderful mentor) gave me a singing card.
4) Even though my dvd wasn't playing, another teacher let me come in her room to watch it.
5) One former student consistently comes to see me which makes me smile each day. (Because she previously told me she just wished teachers wouldn't care so much about students.)
6) Next week I get to leave for my teaching fellowship's meeting to Pittsburgh. I will get to be refreshed by like-minded teachers in the same boat as me. (During that time, my students will have the math department's most coveted sub so I won't worry a bit about them!)
7) We have an election year so a day off for all is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment