Saturday, February 20, 2010

#5 Energy

On Friday, I was definitely thankful for the energy of my students. Friday fourth blocks can make students and teachers all antsy...everyone is ready for the weekend. My fourth block though this year only has 13 students (my other class of the same course has 27) so I really get to have alot more fun and freedom with them. Friday's class was just one of those lessons that makes me love being a teacher. I am thankful for those days because it easy most days for me to tear apart my lessons anazlying all that I would I change. Thankfully though, Friday I got to teach a lesson that matters in the big scheme of mathematics--slope! I had cool analogies that related to skiing which they loved and laughed at as I told them. I braved taking them out around the school to measure different things for an activity and nothing horrible happened and they SO appreciated the ten minutes away from our room. They came back with ten minutes left in class and were still able to carry on an intelligent discussion about what we did and make conjectures about our investigation. They all took notes today and before they took their quiz--they asked me questions which made them do way better than 2nd block! (go figure--asking questions helps you in school!) So all in all, it was just a good class at the end of the week and makes me hopeful that as I learn I will be able to create more days like this with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment